Sunday 30 June 2013

Prom Make-up


For me, prom was the prefect opportunity to test out some new make-up and add more to my very small collection of products. I do plan to write reviews on all my new buys but I just haven't had the time to do so yet. I'll mark products that I plan to review with a little star (*) so if your interested in finding more about it you pop over another day.

Honesty moment, as I'm very useless at make-up and was scared of ruining my face for the night, my Mum did most of my make-up for prom. However, I'm attempting to redo it right now so that I can take a finished look for you as I forgot to on the night.


First up is concealer. I used two concealers from Benefit's 'Confessions of a Concealaholic' set: Erase Paste under the eyes (No 2) and Bio-ing (01) on spots and blemishes. They both cover up well and do not feel heavy on the skin.

Next up is foundation. I used Max Factor's Smooth Effect Foundation in Cream Ivory (45). It feels soft one the skin and really does look smooth. I only applied a very thin layer as I don't like to over lode on foundation. I then applied Max Factor's Creme Puff powder in Truly Fair (81) to set the foundation.

For my Cheeks, I used Maybelline's Expertwear Blush in Rosewood (62)* which gave a subtle colour to my cheeks.

Next was my eyes. Firstly, I used Max Factor's Smoky Eye Effect Eyeshadow stick in Bronze Haze (2)*.  Applying the lighter colour first all over the lid and then the darker shade on the outer edge and the crease line then blended out gives a really effective  smoky eye look. Then, using Soap & Glory's Supercat liquid eyeliner pen, I drew a line over my top lashes and continued past then to created a flick. On the waterline, I used Bourjois effet Smoky in Ultra Black (76)*. Then I used Maybelline's The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara for my lashes.

Finally, on my lips, I used a little Vaseline to hydrate them and then applied Revlon's ColorStay Ultimate Suede lipstick in Finale (095).

Last but not least. I used Kate Moss's Salon Pro nail polish by Rimmel in Rock N Roll (703)*. 


Here's the finale look. I didn't do too badly but my Mum definitely did a better job for me on the night.

I'll get those review to you as soon as I can!

Tasmin x

6 comments: