Saturday 21 December 2013

The Winter Wonderland Tag


Now, I haven't been officially tagged but I saw this on Chloe's blog, leaveslotstoimagination, and thought it would help me get into the Christmas spirit as I'm not feeling all that Christmassy yet and it's only four days away! Eeeek! I still haven't done my Christmas shopping yet! Haha, oops! I'll have to go on Monday. In the meantime, shall I start the tag?

1. What winter holiday do you celebrate?
I celebrate Christmas.

2. What is one item you hope to recieve as a present for Christmas or another holiday?
Is it cheating if you already know what you've got? I fell in love with a pair of ankle boots from Kelly Brooke's range at New Look. My Mum brought them for me for Christmas then realised that I needed to try them on to check they'd fit. Fail! But I'm still really excited to get them.

3. Gingerbread cookies or Candy Canes?
Candy canes all the way. I used to have two cats, one was called Candy, the other was called Cane. 
4. Snowball fights or sledding?
I've never been sledding as there aren't really any hills that aren't main roads around where I live. But I do love a good snowball fight. I remember one year, all the children on my street had a big snowball fight. I was so much fun.
5. What is your go to winter outfit?
When it come to outfits in the winter, my only thought is staying warm. Jeans and t-shirt with an oversized knit cardi usually does the trick. Add a coat and scarf, sometimes a wooly hat if its not raining, and I'm good to go.
6. What are your favourite winter/holiday makeup items?
I always think it's nice to glam up for Christmas, it's a time to celebrate after all. I like to go for a classic red lip as I find red a very Christmassy colour. This year I'll definitely opt for my Revlon ColorStay Suede lipstick as it lasts for ages and I won't have to worry about reapplying so much.
7. Does it snow where you live?
It does occasionally snow in Guernsey but never in December. Earlier this year, after I was told that we wouldn't have snow at all this year, we had blizzards in March. So bizarre. I've always wanted a white Christmas so fingers crossed, but I doubt it will ever happen over here.

8. What is your favourite christmas/holiday song?
Gosh, there are so many to choose from. I really like All I Want For Christmas by Mariah Carey and Fairytale of New York by The Pogues. I have them on every year.
9. What is your favourite holiday movie?
Elf. I'm going to watch later on today. Can't wait. Sannntaaa! 
10. What is your favourite holiday decoration?
The traditional Christmas tree. Without it, the room feels incomplete, slightly empty even. It's just not Christmas without one. I've never had a real Christmas tree at home but school always has one and they smell lovely. 

Well, I don't know about you but I feel a bit more Christmassy now. If you're still not in the Christmas mood, I tag you! Failing that, watch Elf. You can't not feel Christmassy after watching Elf. Sorry, I just love that film. Please don't judge me!

Merry Christmas!

Tasmin x

4 comments:

  1. I don't celebrate Christmas but usually would be in Christmas mood but this I am not. I can't believe Tasmin, you never been sledding, definitely need to do it as it is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like I going to have to hope for snow! Thank you! Xx

      Delete