I've been blogging for a year and a half now and I've been making do with the generic pre-set design I put together using the blog template right for the off-set. I really wasn't happy with it anymore and knew there needed to be a change. Not that I didn't like my blog design, but it wasn't really me. Honestly, if you spoke to me before I started this blog, I only wore pink because it was my school uniform!
I spent several evenings thinking and sketching ideas until settling with this one. I loved the stripes of the original design but the colour was undesirable. Even tweaking it on template tools didn't change my opinion so decided to create my own background. I wanted black and white pin stripes so headed over to everyones favourite design software: paint. Seriously, I went right back to basics with this one. It simply resized the page and drew black vertical lines on the page. Easy as that.
After hours of experimenting with header designs and writing on Paint (can't deny the classics. Or I just don't own any other design software, which ever way you prefer to look at it) I remember how to import images as headers so scraped all my hard work for a photo of my original drawn idea. And, after fiddling with blog templates, fonts and colours, my final design is here.
Okay, so it's not the most professional finish and I am very likely to change it within the next few weeks but I have never done this sort of thing by myself at home with so very limited resources and for that I am proud of myself.
Slowly but surely getting through my 25 Things to do This Summer. To find out more about this challenge check my original post here and an updated post here. More will be up very soon.