Monday 18 August 2014

#7: Go to a Car Boot Sale


Apologies for the amount of times I've changed number 7 on this list, but when I heard about a car boot sale being held yesterday, I had to just go for it. 

I hadn't been to a car boot sale since my family used to take part in them when I was a lot younger. I couldn't really remember what they were like and thought I might uncover some gems among the trash. So I joined my sister and her friends up at North Beach car-park for a little rummage around the stools.

Honestly, I was a little disappointed. I went in expecting to find a something wonderful but it was all a bit rubbish. No wonder these people were trying to get rid of it all. As I joined a little late I only experienced half of the stands but from what I saw, I was not impressed. I guess I got my hopes up a little too much to find a true treasure and that just wasn't the case. It was also a lot smaller then the ones I remember as a child and the weather wasn't great either which didn't help. I did, however, find The Kooks CD, Inside In Inside Out, for 50p. Every cloud I guess...

As I am always thinking of the blog, I brought my big DLSR camera with me for some good photos. However, I forgot my SD card so I only have this one photo of some vinyls from my phone. This was actually a pretty decent music stand and, as a group, we brought a lot from here (it's where I found that The Kooks CD from) but it was the vinyls that really caught my eye. There were so many, he must of been collecting them for years.

Overall, a disappointing day. Are you a fan of car bootys? (I don't know why I call them that but I think it's funny. I have a weird sense of humor.) Lets talk more in the comments.

Tasmin x

No comments:

Post a Comment