Friday 7 March 2014

Retro Chick

Retro Chick


Almari retro dress
$82 - johnlewis.com

River Island platform boots
$83 - riverisland.com

Anne Klein watch
nordstrom.com

Flower necklace
etsy.com

Dorothy Perkins belt
dorothyperkins.com


It's march so, despite it still being a little chilly, I'm announcing it as ok to talk about spring/summer clothing. And a trend that I am really excited about this season is retro. This will be full of prom-esque tea dresses, high waisted clothing and, of course, statement red lips. Think Audrey Hepburn with a modern twist and you're there. I love sixties fashion so I am ecstatic that the shops will be crammed full of sixties style clothing, it just sounds like heaven!

This look centres around the gorgeous retro prom-style dress. Polka-dots seem to be everywhere at the moment which I think adds to the retro vibe of this dress. I kept the accessories of this look a very neutral tone with the bag, watch and little ankle boots the same colour in order for the stunning flower necklace to pop out and truly make a statement. I thought this was important with such a pretty piece of jewellery. However, this can be easily interchanged with a bold red lip colour to create another stunning look.

Tasmin x

P.s. Are you a fan of vintage-style jewellery? Forage and Finds are a mother and daughter team who handmade beautiful jewellery out of vintage items. The jewellery is truly stunning and they are well worth checking out. I'll leave the link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment