Saturday 15 March 2014

Spring Make-up Look


Spring is the perfect time to shake-up your make-up bag. The change of season means it's time to ditch the plum and burgundy tones of winter in exchange for the refreshing tones of spring/summer. A big make-up trend right now is wearing lilac eye-shadow. Now, for someone who rarely strays away from natural toned eye-shadows, lilac is very different from what I am used to. Bold colour on the eyes can be daunting but make-up is supposed to be fun, right? So I'm embracing this trend and showing you a fairly easy to wear this trend to end this fear of colour. I've also heard that purple is supposed to be a good colour for those with brown eyes i.e me!

To create this look, the base is always a good place to start. I used Maybelline's FitMe concealer in shade 15 and Max Factor foundation. However, being the smart cookie that I am, I started with the eye-shadow (not recommended). I used this lovely palette from Revlon and followed the instructions almost exactly on the back of the palette as I am rather unskilled at applying eye-shadow. Every shadow was used within the look although the lightest shadow is hard to see as it isn't very pigmented but lovely and glittery. One step not in the instructions (unless I read them wrong, which is possible), is I continued the 3rd colour to line the lower lashes to round off the eye look (visible in top image). Mascara of choice today was the Miss Manga mascara from L'Oreal. I love the dramatic effect this mascara gives to my lashes. They look twice the size and work well on the lower lashes too. I finished this look with a subtle toned lip-gloss from Maybelline to allow the eye to take full attention in this look.

L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara | Max Factor Smooth Effect foundation (45)
Revlon ColorStay eye-shadow in Seductive (530) | Maybelline FitMe concealer (15)
Maybelline Colorsensational Shine gloss in Cashmere Rose (105)

So there we go, a simple on trend  make-up look that will bring a hint of colour to your make-up bag. Lilac is a great colour for the eyes as it compliments most skin tones and can be easily worked into most outfits. But what do you think, what's your favourite spring trend?

Tasmin x

No comments:

Post a Comment