Saturday 31 May 2014

5 Looks for Summer


Even though summer here in the British Isles consists of more clouds than sun, I'm still really excited for spending the next few months relaxing on the beach in the sun. More excited than usual and I think it might have to do with my passion for this seasons trends. From pastel florals to rocking kimonos, I'm in love with summer fashion. Needless to say, being a blogger and all, I instantly wanted to create a summer look book. So, after getting through all my revision and waiting for some decent weather, I set out to create this for you. Hope you enjoy.


I've really warmed up to the traditional floral trend this year. So, paired with my love for playsuits, this look is a firm favourite of mine. The pastel blue and pink flowers create a gentle yet bold pattern and the lightweight material avoids the black fabric from becoming too much in the heat. I've accompanied the look with light blue converses and white frilly socks to continue the cutesy theme. Add a leather bag to toughen up the look and you're ready for an adventure.

The view of Castle Cornet from here was stunning.

Playsuit: Miss Selfridge | Socks: Dorothy Perkins | Shoes: Converse | Bag: Primark


How do you soften a leather look? Floral accessories. However, I'm aware that the floral crown may be a tad over the top. 

Necklace: Eclectic Eccentricity | Floral Crown: Miss Selfridge | Rings: New Look

Leather is still cool in the summer too, but you have to style it cleverly to bring it into this season. Pairing this pleated faux leather skirt with pastel colours and floral accessories gives a light summer vibe to a heavy appearing material. Ankle boots and frilly socks continues a more smart-casual look. Finishing the look is the latest jewellery craze, midi rings. I'm not usually a fan of rings as they tend not to fit my misshapened fingers but these ones are cute and simple and don't fly off whenever I move. Yay!

Top: Top Shop | Skirt: Miss Selfridge | Boots: New Look | Socks: River Island


I have developed a slight obsession with kimonos this year. As spring proved to be mighty chilly here in Britain, I fear I might be layering up a fair bit this summer. And there is no better way to do so in the summer than with a kimono. Loose and lightweight, these bad boys float effortlessly over a summer dress and can easy add a pop of colour to any outfit. I particularly love the beautiful pattern of this kimono and the colour, although not a usual choice for me, has really grown on me. I decided to keep this look simple with a grey skater dress and a few accessories to allow the kimono to take centre stage.

Dress: Miss  Guided | Kimono: Lipsy | Belt: New Look | Necklace: River Island

I was so scared that I was going to get my feet wet in the freezing cold water.


Retro fashion has a firm place within my heart and this season the coolest way to rock the retro look is with a pair of stunning shades. The bigger the better and these are huge! The classic cat eye style screams class and sophistication and deserved to be style accordingly. This white lace sixties style playsuit gives the chic look a slightly playful twist whilst the red lips keep the retro vibe going. Finishing with a cute pair of monochrome bow pumps and a little red bag completes my sixties inspired look. I feel this look is perfect for day to night, maybe adding a leather jacket on a breezy summer evening.


The lipstick I'm wearing is from Top Shop in the shade Hazard and I am absolutely in love with it. As a little bit of a red lipstick addict, I really couldn't resist this one when I found it online (Top Shop deliver to Guernsey now, hooray!). The creamy texture is just luxury and the colour is truly stunning. 

Playsuit: BooHoo | Sunglasses: Accessorize | Shoes: Primark | Bag: New Look


 I am a massive music festival fan. I love everything about them; amazing live music; super crazy dancing and, most importantly, the fashion. Anything goes and the wackier the better. My kimono obsession spills into this look with what I feel is a more hippie style outfit. Light wash shorts and coloured vest keeps the look simple yet not plain, allowing the kimono to make a statement. Converses are essential festival footwear and my favourite necklace ties the look together. Finishing the look, although I'm not sure how visible they are in the photos, are my pink dream-catcher earrings which I feel just sums up the look perfectly. Now all I need is a live band and some friends to dance around with...



Kimono: ASOS | Vest: Primark | Shorts: Top Shop | Necklace: Eclectic Eccentricity | Earrings: Dorothy Perkins
Shoes: Converse | Socks: River Island
And my summer look book is complete. I've used as many items that I've picked up recently so you can get an idea of what's out there which I know will be helpful for some of you who want to go on a summer haul. Which look is your favourite? Let me know in the comments below. Now all we need is the sun to hang around for a little while longer for my summer holidays to begin.

Tasmin x

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post! well done :) the photos are incredible and the place looks really lovely. I love all of your outfits but I think my favourites are the playsuits, ya gotta love playsuits! I especially like the white one. You look gorgeous by the way :) x

    Sinead x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It took ages to organise so I'm so glad you like it! Xx

      Delete