Monday 19 August 2013

Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara


I rarely leave the house without wearing mascara, so it's important for me to find one that I like and stays put all day. I tend not to be as adventurous with mascara and stick to what I know I like. But it's good to experiment every so often and when Rimmel released their latest mascara I knew I had to give it a try.


Scandaleyes Retro Glam is Rimmel's latest release from their Scandaleyes collection. This mascara has an hourglass brush applicator that promises a wide-eyed look by plumping and fanning out the lashes. All this without any clumps in one stroke! I just had to test it.

Left: Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam mascara, Right: Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express mascara
Yeah, don't ask about the gold star (I think I'm Jameela Jamil!)

When it comes to mascara, I find it hard not to compare them with Maybelline's Colossal Volum' Express mascara as it's my holy grail mascara and my ultimate favourite. Retro Glam is definitely brilliant at fanning out the lashes but the overall look isn't as bold as Colossal Volum' Express. Also, ignore their no clumps promise as I find its a little clumpy. Although its more subtle, I really like it and can't help but flutter my lashes whenever I'm wearing it. It's pretty and, with a bit of eye-liner, I think it could create a really powerful eye look. The staying power is great and almost every lash is coated in just one stroke. The packaging has that 60's vibe too which I just love.


Overall, another impressive product from Rimmel. They just aren't letting me down at the moment and I really hope that their amazing-ness continues. Worth a try if your a mascara fanatic. 

Tasmin x

2 comments:

  1. Oh I remember when I couldn't get out of the house without mascara. Used to leave it over night as well, it gave me more effect the following morning as my lashes aren't long (I do not recommend this to anyone!=) I don't have any mascara except for waterproof MaxFactor, so I need non-waterproof one. I like the effect Rimmel mascara gives. I think I'll invest in this one =)
    Thanks Tasmin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh my gosh, over night! Can't imagine that's the best for your lashes, oh well, all in the name of beauty. Xx

      Delete