Monday 26 August 2013

Rimmel Lipsticks


If you've been reading this blog for a while now, you'll have probably realised that I'm a bit obsessed with red lipstick. At almost every opportunity I get, the red lipstick will make an appearance. It's a classic, chic look that I just love and is sort of becoming my go to look. Not that this is a bad, but it's good to mix things up abit. So I made it my mission to find some new colours for me to wear. After hitting the Rimmel stand in Boot, I found a couple of pinks that I liked (oh wow Tasmin, real adventurous! ;) ) and I thought I'd share them with you.

I brought them on different occasions, yet somehow they are both from Rimmels Lasting Finish range. Complete coincidence, not intensional. 


First up is Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in shade 08 which is a lovely nude pink colour. This would be very easy to wear as an everyday lipstick and Rimmel's promise of 8 hour wear (not entirely convinced that long but certainly impressive staying power) you can get away with minimal reapplication. Well, lets be honest, Kate Moss isn't going to sign her name on something that isn't good.  So, I'm not surprised that I really like it. The lipstick goes on really smoothly and does not dry out the lips. Due to the formula being infused with black diamonds (yes, diamonds!), the lipstick has a super lovely shine to it. It's definitely one of the most subtle colours in Kate Moss' range but I think it's one of the most wearable. There are 11 shades in this collection so there is bound to one for everyone.



My other lipstick is still Rimmel's Lasting Finish in Heart Breaker (016), but it's not from Kate Moss' range. Other than that, it's exactly the same.  The pigmentation of this lipstick is insane, the colour is really strong. It's colour changes quite a bit in different lighting. The pink is much more intense in direct sunlight than it is indoors. I never imagined myself wearing such a pink lipstick but I'm surprised how much I like it. It's a firm favourite now and I wish I could get away wearing it everyday. This collection contains 18 different shades but I am most impressed by their pinks; they are all so pretty. My only wish is that the packaging was nicer like the Kate Moss version. I like this high shine of the plastic case but I would of preferred a different colour, just something that would stand out in a make-up bag.


So if you're looking for a brand new lipstick, I highly recommend Rimmel's Lasting Finish lipsticks. I can almost grantee that there will be a colour you will love just like I love Heart Breaker.

Hope you are enjoying your Bank Holiday weekend!

Tasmin x

2 comments:

  1. These shades are very lovely. I like lipsticks but I don't wear them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have a slight obsession with lipsticks at the moment. Xx

      Delete