Wednesday 21 October 2015

Freshers, Flu and the Best Flatmates of All

India, Guernsey, Taiwan, Japan, Brazil and United Kingdom. A.k.a The Flamily (Flat-family...get it?)
So it has been awhile since I last blogged but I swear it has been cray busy here. But since I have managed to find a rare spare moment I thought I'd do a little update.

I am in the final project of the first stage of my foundation course which is insane and it's going so quickly. We have three two-week projects in this first stage, each focusing on either art, design or media processes and, to be honest, I've not been too confident with my first two projects. I won't bore you with all the details but there are major factors in those projects that I really hope I can change and overcome in this final project of media. I think this will be my best one as it's generally photography and that is my favourite.

Moving onto freshers and I am afraid to say that the stay-at-home-all-day Tas we all know and love was very much the same as Freshers Tas. I had Freshers Flu- genuine illness which I've only just fully got over- pretty much forced me to stay in most of the time. I did attend a few events which I did enjoy but they were crowded and I have a tendency to get lost in nightclubs- something that is terrifying in a place you don't know very well with people you've barely met. Nevertheless, I survived and will be making up for the fail of a fresher I have been this year when it come to next year as a degree student. Exciting times, but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves, there's still plenty to look forward to this year.

I can't believe it's very nearly been two months since I left the safety of Guernsey and ventured off to uni. I can't remember what it looks like. Sometimes I really want to go home but other times I just love being here, fending for myself. I also have the best flatmates anyone could ask for who are currently organising my joint birthday party. One of my flatmates birthday is just a couple of days before mine so we are joining forces for one massive flat party. I am not looking forward to the clean up aftermath. It'll be so strange not being home for my birthday so this is definitely the distraction I need.

I hope you are all well. Let me know how you've been in the comments and I promise I'll be back way sooner than you think. (Okay, let's not get your hopes up, I'd give it a fortnight!)

Tasmin x

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Tas! I'll bring you some photos next weekend ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photos? That's exciting! Thank you I'll you soon! Xx

      Delete