Yes, it's tag time again! Thank you Sinead from the wonderful blog, Dreaming Again, for tagging me. There are a few rules to this tag so lets straighten them out before we get cracking.
1. What advice would you give to your younger self?
That the opinions of others really don't matter. There are so many things I've not done because I was scared what other people would think or I have let comments made about someone else influence what I do in order not to be criticised in the same way. It's a waste of time and all it results in is your own unhappiness. The only opinion that really matters is your own.
2. What is your favourite thing to do when you have nothing to do?
Sleep. It sounds really sad and unexciting but I often have late nights and early starts during the week so when it comes to the weekend, all I really want is a well deserved lay-in to fully recharge. However, if I'm not sleepy, this time is usually dedicated to blogging.
3. Why did you decide to start a blog?
I guess it's sort of linked to the first question in a very loose way. I just found I was being ignored a bit when I tried talking to people and, as a fairly shy and quiet person, it was disheartening to try so hard to just have a chat and to find no one really cared. So I decided I was going to find people who did care what I had to say by making my voice available here.
4. If you could live in any other country in the world where would it be?
This is a really hard one as I currently live on an island which isn't technically part of the UK but is still British, so I can't really say England. I wouldn't want to live in a country that didn't speak my language as I find English hard enough, let alone any other language. And despite learning French for about half my life, recieving 3 qualifications in that subject in the process, I still can't speak a word of it. I'm also terrified of insects and any sort of mildly dangerous animal, which pretty much eliminates Australia (sorry Australia, I do love your beautiful country but not as big a fan of your dangerous wildlife). So, with these limitations, I guess I would have to go with Canada. It's a lovely, safe Country which would allow me to take beautiful landscape photography.
5. Would you rather spend €/$/£100 all on make-up or clothes?
Clothes. Although you don't get as much for your money as you would with make-up, I have a slight obsession with fashion and would deffinately make the most of that £100.
6. If you could give one piece of advice to a large audience what would it be?
The same advice as I would give my younger self in question one. Other people don't matter, do whatever makes you happy.
7. Would you rather have to eat Chinese or Italian food for the rest of your life?
Italian food. Think about it, who wouldn't want to eat pizza daily? Plus, I already eat tonnes of pasta so it wouldn't be a huge lifestyle change!
8. If you could go on a date with one celebrity who would it be?
You want me to only pick one? But that is an impossible decision! After thinking long and hard, I think I would go on a date with 5SOS. Can I date a whole band? Is that cheating? I just think they are all funny and a bit on the weird side, just like me, and they would garrentee me a fun and memorable date.
9. What specific character trait do you want to be known for?
Loyalty. That is the trait I prize myself on. I am an extemely loyal person, even to people who don't really deserve it.
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Spitting. Just no.
Time for my questions:
1. Have you managed to stick to any of your New Years resolutions this year?
2. What's your favourite blog/ who's your favourite blogger?
3. What's the last song you listened to?
4. Where's the best place you've ever been on holiday?
5. What is your favourite topic to blog about?
6. Do you have any holiday plans for Christmas? (Is it still too early for a Christmas question?)
7. What is your favourite TV show at the moment?
8. Who/what inspired you to start blogging?
9. Where is your favourite place to go clothe shopping?
10. What's your best advice for anyone who wants to start blogging?
I read at lot of the same blogs as Sinead so I'll do my best not to nominate people twice, so I tag:
Lucille- Pretty Black and White
Grace- A Bit Graceful
Madeline Rose- Ring-a-Round a Rosey
Mel- It's Me Mel
Hann- Adventures of Hann
Sarah- Silk & Kiss
Jennifer- Silly Little Pictures
Can't wait to see your posts!
Can't wait to see your posts!