Saturday 27 September 2014

#2 & #3: Bake With Friends and Movie Marathon


Last month I invited a couple friends over for a little catch up. I don't go to school with either of them any more so we don't get to see each other very often but I felt it was the perfect opportunity to tick another two items off of my 25 Thing to do This Summer list.


Our ingredients.
After a quick little chit-chat, we made a start with the baking. My friends and I have a little obsession with Oreo's so Oreo cupcakes were a natural choice. The recipe for these bad boys can be found here if you want to know more. We left out the cream cheese (it just doesn't need it) and preheated the oven a little too long causing us to overcook the first batch slightly. We also made twice as many cupcakes as the recipe suggested and we ran out of mixing bowls so ended using saucepans instead (just like all the best chefs do!). Nonetheless, they were easier to make than I first thought and were the most delicious cupcakes I have ever had (I am slightly bias but true!). Okay, so we aren't pro-bakers and we most certainly would not make the next round on Great British Bake Off on looks alone BUT it's what's on the inside that counts and you can never really go wrong with Oreos.


Saucepans: for when you've run out of mixing bowls!
I think Charlotte should have this photo as the cover for her own cookery book.
Chloe showing those biscuits whose boss.
Thank you Chloe and Charlotte for helping my with photos and just generally being amazing. :)
Ready to eat!
Next on our agenda was milkshakes and, as if the cupcakes weren't enough, our flavour of choice was Oreo. All you need is:
- 4 ice-cubes
- 4 Oreos (preferably double stuff)
- 200ml of milk
- 1 scoop of ice-cream
Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Top with squirty cream and serve with a straw for the tastiest homemade shake around.


From this...
...to this...
...to this!
To finish off our day, we had a mini Disney movie marathon. We had Inspector Gadget and The Little Mermaid playing on Sky Movies Disney whist we were baking and then watched Frozen and The Lion King on DVD. Believe it or not, I had never seen The Lion King before so I was actually a little scared. It's such an iconic film of our generations childhood and I was terrified that I wouldn't like it. However, I can confirm it is an amazing movie but you probably already knew that. I mean why was I doubtful, Disney never get it wrong.


We made way more than expected!
I often let school work pile up and get in the way of hanging out with these lovely ladies and I really need to stop doing that and organise more days like this. Especially as the weather is slowing starting to turn for the worse, more movie nights with friends are definitely needed!


The reason why a bunch of 17 year old's should not be left alone in a kitchen...
Tasmin x

2 comments:

  1. This looks so fun! I love the glasses for the milkshakes. The cupcakes look INCREDIBLE! Also, Disney movies are always the best :)

    xx abitgraceful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so much fun and you just can't beat a Disney film! Xx

      Delete